Web Design Training
October 3, 2016
October 3, 2016
I’ve been coding for over 20yrs, and have been teaching code since 2003. I can boil all the experience down to three tips when learning to code:
You can learn web design easily with me, by taking my powerful web design course and training package.
October 2, 2016
I’ve been building websites since 1994, and teaching web design and programming since 2003. In that time, I’ve boiled down all my teaching and coding experience to three powerful tips, that will make learning web design much easier for you:
1. Take hand written notes as you learn. It’s one thing to watch a video, or read a book. It’s a whole different experience when you take notes as you are learning. The simple act of putting pen to paper, will tell your brain that the information is more important than normal. Because of this, your brain will put more effort into remembering what you are writing the notes about. The more senses you activate when learning or experiencing something, the more powerful the memory will be.
September 25, 2016
I’ve been creating web design courses since 2003, and in that time I’ve learned the key elements of a great web design course:
1. A teacher who knows how to teach! Unfortunately, many courses out there don’t have that.
2. Instant feedback for the student.
3. A teacher who has a lot of real world web design experience.
1. A teacher who knows how to teach!
Teaching is a skill. People go to school for years to learn how to teach. And of course, there is always natural talent and ability. The problem today is that the Web is filled with the casual nerd trying to make a buck, by creating a course on some coding language or another.
September 5, 2016
When it comes to teaching web design and development, the common hurdle we have seen, is that many middle school and high school teachers are beginners themselves. We have solved this problem with StudioWeb.
StudioWeb is loved by teachers and students, because it makes teaching and learning code amazingly easy. It comes with everything a teacher could want:
– assignments and classrooms activities
– auto grading of courses, chapters and lessons.
– video based interactive quizzing and code challenges
– easy to use grading rubric for the projects
– open ended lesson plans
– video walkthroughs of the app
August 22, 2016
Everyone knows that kids who learn to code will have a big advantage in the workplace and in life. Besides the fact that coding is a valuable skillset with an amazing number of high paying jobs, the mental training that comes with learning to code cannot be underestimated.
August 14, 2016
Hi! This blog post is for educators. The following outlines the units found in my StudioWeb web design and development curriculum. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Stefan Unit 1 – HTML5: Preamble: HTML5 is arguably the most important coding language given how widely used it is. HTML5 is the …
August 14, 2016
I was recently emailed from a dad wanting to get his 10 and 13 year old kids interested in coding. There are so many choices out there in terms of languages and for a non-nerd, it is hard to choose.
Having been teaching code since 2003, I suggest strongly that the languages of web design are the best choices. Here is my response to the father:
I am a big advocate of HTML5 since it is visual, easy to learn and is the basis of all websites, web apps and is a popular choice for creating mobile apps for iOS and Android. Students get excited when they see they are building actual websites.
At the risk of being a shameless self promoter, StudioWeb provides that pathway with fun interactive training. We have family licenses that gives you the full classroom experience, where you have your own classroom, complete with teacher’s monitoring, auto grading and projects that you can assign your kids. Very easy to use but a powerful training environment that will teach your kids real-world coding skills that they can use to express any ideas they may have.
If you are interested in learning or teaching code, check out StudioWeb.com
July 13, 2016
Several months back I launched my new web design and training package with a 100% money back guarantee. Several months later, I am happy to report that we have a 99.999% approval rating.
It is safe to say that people really like it. But, we did have 1 refund … yes, only one refund in 7 months! One size does not fit all, and that’s why I decided on a 100% money back guarantee! But given the courses track record, our ‘shoe’ seems to be fitting most people.
Still on sale!!
June 9, 2016